Secondary Usergroups issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary Usergroups issue

Hi - I have a shipload of usergroups that I am the secondary member of each. I just noticed that the last 4 usergroups that I created and checked as being a secondary member of are not checked any longer. It also has me checked as a member of the 'unregistered' usergroup. If I try to unselect the unregistered and select the other 4 or so that I recently created, it says the change was accepted but if I go back to my profile to review, it's the same as before I saved.

3.8.4PL1

Thanks!

Why so many secondary usergroups?

There might be a discrepancy with some of their permissions (one of them might accidentally be a banned group or something). The more complex you make things, the greater the chance for error. Unless it is absolutely necessary for you to be a part of those groups why not just leave them and not have to worry about it?
    sigpic

Jihen Theory - Anime news, reviews and torrent tracker.

Comment

I manually enter every user and have that user be part of a usergroup based on the company they work for. I am a member of every secondary usergroup and I have employees that are members of only some of the secondary usergroups. All permissions are the same for the secondary groups. I have it this was so I can easily group by company. The reason I am a member of the secondary group is that I have it email me ANYTIME there is a posting in any usergroup.

I have tried to disable the two addon products and this didn't help. Unless my user is nor corrupted somehow? Is there a limit to the number of secondary usergroups one user can belong to?

I started receiving the following error on editing my user only (I checked others and they are fine) and can't get rid of it. Any idea what the cause exactly is and how to revert? I did some searching and other have had a similar issue, stating the 'trailing comma' after 101 is a problem.

[CODE]Database error in vBulletin 3.8.4:

Invalid SQL:
      SELECT title, usergroupid FROM usergroup WHERE usergroupid IN (6,9,10,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,4 4,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,54,55,56,57,58,59,60,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,73,74,75,7 6,77,78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,90,91,92,94,95,96,97,98,99,100,101,) ORDER BY title;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY title' at line 1
      Error Number : 1064
      Request Date : Thursday, November 5th 2009 @ 04:08:02 PM
      Error Date : Thursday, November 5th 2009 @ 04:08:02 PM
      Script : http://SITE HERE/CONTROL PANEL HERE/user.php?do=edit&u=7
      Referrer : http://SITE HERE/CONTROL PANEL HERE/user.php?do=modify
      IP Address : IP HERE
      Username : USER HERE
      Classname : vB_Database
      MySQL Version : 5.0.81-community-log[CODE]
      Last edited by knucklenitz; Fri 6 Nov '09, 6:53am.

Comment

PHP Code:
        Script http://SITE HERE/CONTROL PANEL HERE/user.php?do=edit&u=7
        Referrer http://SITE HERE/CONTROL PANEL HERE/user.php?do=modify 
        Is SITE/HERE really what your site is called in the database?

Your probably overloading your database with so many usergroups. Honestly why don't you just subscribe to the forums? You'd get the same notification email without being a member of looks like 100 usergroups and without it being as server intensive.

So you have the users grouped by company and then they each have access to a specific forum I'm guessing? Remove your membership from those groups and subscribe to the forums and you will get the same results. O.O That's a lot of usergroups.
        sigpic

Comment

No, not the real name, just didn't want to publicize it.

I have an idea for an alternative, similar to what you suggested. How do I correct this issue now? I can log to the forum but can't get get to my user in admincp to remove me as a secondary member. Is there another way?

Comment

Not sure about anotehr way to get into your admincp, but once you do, get yourself out of all those usergroups....you can get notifications the way zomega stated or make yourself a moderator off all of the forums and have it send you an email each time a post/thread is created. And also make a secondary Admin account, one that is just in the administrators usergroup and in your config as super and unalterable, this way you always have a backup account that can not be tampered with and can always access your admincp.

Comment

I can get to my admincp just fine. It's when I go to the my specific user, the section on the right under the 'primary usergroup' is gone and it shows there is a sql syntax error in the database (displayed in post #3 here). Is there a way to use SQL commands to 'uncheck' the secondary usergroups for my username, hoping this will remove the error.

I don't understand what the error is indicating. It appears that the syntax is having a problem with creating the 'drop down' listing of usergroups in the display usergroup section?? Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Comment

Your best bet is to submit a support ticket at this time. o.o
                sigpic

Comment

Opened one now. Thanks.

Comment

I got it fixed. I ended up exporting the 'user' table to a SQL text file. Found the affected user and deleted the extra comma after my secondary usergroup membership. Uploaded the text file and problem fixed.

Then started messing with MYPHPADMIN. Realize I could have used this too. Great tool.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X