Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timezones in postbit code

Hi,
    I have searched high and low for this, but I have had trouble filtering out all the unrelated topic. This concerns a website running 3.8, with some fairly old templates that have been moved along.

In most places, the forum completely ignores the timezone setting of the user. I have, after a lot of tracing, fixed this in the posts themselves, but in forum listings and other places it is still incorrect.

As far as I can tell, the code does not make any attempt to get the timezone information from the user object.

For example, I had to change includes/class_postbit.php, around line 379 from
    Code:
    $this->post['posttime'] = vbdate($this->registry->options['timeformat'], $this->post['dateline']);
    to
    Code:
    $this->post['posttime'] = vbdate($this->registry->options['timeformat'], $this->post['dateline'], true, true, true, false, $this->registry->userinfo);
    I cannot see how the code could print the correct date without this change, and there are still other places where it does not work.

Any idea what is going on here?

ps. Would have put this in the priority support forum, but haven't found the way. Maybe my account has not been updated yet