Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I set my forum time to Central time zone? I do, but still shows wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I set my forum time to Central time zone? I do, but still shows wrong.

Here is a shot of what I have.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	timezone.png
Views:	1
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	3711787

Are you setting the time zone correctly in your User CP > Edit Options page also?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

vBulletin gets its time from the server and the settings in the AdminCP. If your server time is not set correctly, setting your own time to the difference in your timezone will not result in the correct time. Here's what Steve Machol said in another Thread:

vBulletin gets its time from the server. You need to set the timezone in the Admin CP to whatever you want the default to be and the DST settings should match whatever settings are on the server.

Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP. If you do this correctly and the server time is correct, then the correct times will show.

This also assumes that you have not modified the footer template to affect the DST detection code in it.

Once you figure out what the time setting is on the server, and you should be able to get this information from your service provider, you adjust your AdminCP setting to give the Forum the same time as the server. Then you go to the UserCP and set your individual timezone settings for your area.

Go to:
      Admin > vBulletin Options > Date and Time Options > Default Time Zone Offset
      ..set it to your timezone, and make sure the setting below it regarding Daylight Savings is correct.

Then go to:
      User CP > Edit Options > Date and Time Options > Time Zone
      ..set it to your timezone, and make sure the setting below it regarding Daylight Savings is correct.

Regards,
      Slappy

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X