• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brennan Portz
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesC70 View Post
    Here's screenshots.

[ATTACH]36816[/ATTACH]
    Enter AdminCP, search for the correct phrase (since you couldn't find it under the translated phrase). Set the language to English if you have multiple languages on your forum, but be sure your other settings match this picture.

[ATTACH]36817[/ATTACH]
    You'll see this result page. Select the first one by clicking Edit.

[ATTACH]36815[/ATTACH]
    Clear the bottom box if there's something in it. If it's blank, add the proper wording. Click Save.
    I did that and still not fixed.

Leave a comment:

• JamesC70
    replied
    Here's screenshots.

[ATTACH]36816[/ATTACH]
    Enter AdminCP, search for the correct phrase (since you couldn't find it under the translated phrase). Set the language to English if you have multiple languages on your forum, but be sure your other settings match this picture.

[ATTACH]36817[/ATTACH]
    You'll see this result page. Select the first one by clicking Edit.

[ATTACH]36815[/ATTACH]
    Clear the bottom box if there's something in it. If it's blank, add the proper wording. Click Save.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan Portz
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    What didn't work? You couldn't find the phrase? You changed it but nothing changed on the page? Did you change it for all languages? You need to be more wordy here if you want some help. Simply saying "didn't work" doesn't tell us a thing.
    No i didn't change the laguange at all and its giving me problems.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What didn't work? You couldn't find the phrase? You changed it but nothing changed on the page? Did you change it for all languages? You need to be more wordy here if you want some help. Simply saying "didn't work" doesn't tell us a thing.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan Portz
    replied
    Yes, now that you've added the correct screenshot, I can see the problem.

Highlight that phrase with your mouse, then go into Admin CP -> Languages and Phrases -> Search in Phrases. Paste that phrase into the top box (be sure not to paste any HTML with it), then click Find.

From there you should be able to edit the wording to something more English-looking.
    nope didn't work.

Leave a comment:

• JamesC70
    replied
    Originally posted by Brennan Portz View Post
    where it says group memberships it says it in a forging language not in English.
    Yes, now that you've added the correct screenshot, I can see the problem.

Highlight that phrase with your mouse, then go into Admin CP -> Languages and Phrases -> Search in Phrases. Paste that phrase into the top box (be sure not to paste any HTML with it), then click Find.

From there you should be able to edit the wording to something more English-looking.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan Portz
    replied
    What Lynne is trying to say, is "tell us what's wrong". I can't tell from the screenshot what you think is wrong either.
    where it says group memberships it says it in a forging language not in English.

Leave a comment:

• JamesC70
    replied
    Originally posted by Brennan Portz View Post
    Um nope not working.
    What Lynne is trying to say, is "tell us what's wrong". I can't tell from the screenshot what you think is wrong either.

(Also, usually it is best to not just say "see for yourself". I've had so many users say that and what is obvious to them, is not necessarily obvious to others. A few words to state what the problem is will stop the "What? I don't see anything wrong" posts that may come your way and delay the help you want.)

Leave a comment:

• Brennan Portz
    replied
    Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

If it is still happening - Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
    Don't forget that for vbseo, disabling the modification means to also get rid of anything extra you added to your htaccess file.

(Also, usually it is best to not just say "see for yourself". I've had so many users say that and what is obvious to them, is not necessarily obvious to others. A few words to state what the problem is will stop the "What? I don't see anything wrong" posts that may come your way and delay the help you want.)
    Um nope not working.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

If it is still happening - Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
    Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
    Don't forget that for vbseo, disabling the modification means to also get rid of anything extra you added to your htaccess file.

Leave a comment:

• Brennan Portz
    started a topic website problem in usercp

website problem in usercp

look at the upload and see for yourself.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Brennan Portz; Tue 27 Oct '09, 8:02pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X