Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My forum Hacked by formatxformat need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zlos
    replied
    Because the door is still open & if they can write to your files, it's a question of time when they will do it again.

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    Plug ins?

Everything is working fine. Why should I delete my plugins? And why should I change index and config?

Leave a comment:

• martynjd
    replied
    delete all the plugins, change ur index/config permissions all shud be fine... if it still happens make sure your using vbulletin files from vbulletin.com

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    The fix-it mod does it for you in seconds...waaahhhlllaaa! Highly recommended if you have a defaced template. Makes things that are a pain in the ass a breeze! :-) Why would you go and mess with the all those other time consuming things when the parse tool whips it out in 5 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• Dody
    replied
    Add

PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
    Right after
    PHP Code:
    <?
    In your config.php file and this will disable your plugins. try after that to disable them all an enable the one by one to find which one is causing the problem.

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    Originally posted by Elyk View Post
    What fix-it mod?
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=tool_reparse

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    Sorry it took so long..... this mod!! http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...t=tool_reparse awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Elyk
    replied
    What fix-it mod?

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    The fix-it mod fixed the bad template. Excellent mod...and saved me a lot of hassle and headache.

I highly recommenced this to any body whose forum is injected with a malicious code.

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    Tepmlate modification

Hi there,

I need help finding table template ID 737 (forumhome). When I go to the forumhome template the Id is 1169. Trying to find the malicious code that was placed by a hacking bot from japan.

Any idea where to find 737?

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    index hacked?

My hosting company is working on this.

Doe anyone know if any of the Mods I listed above are a security problem?

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    index &amp; config

I have uploaded original and overwritten existing index.php and config.php......and did nothing, still getting the redirection.

I think you are incorrect that the index or config file was hacked....if they were...wouldn't the new file uploads fix it?

Hosting company is working on finding out what happen.....waiting impatiently...:-(

Any other advice, suggestion, or comments from anybody?

Leave a comment:

• zlos
    replied
    They added one extra line on the top of index.php file, redirecting browser to their forums. It's the beginning... With me was the same, after a week of playing in such "extra lines" one f.cker simply removed my document root. Without backups that would be the end of my business...

Leave a comment:

• Jump
    replied
    thanks for you help!...I will talk with hosting and hope to recover my forum. To much work and hours to see this happen:-(

Leave a comment:

• zlos
    replied
    As I told you, find somebody, who will search your site and remove backdoor. If the Kurds are able to write to your disks, they have already saved a backdoor program to your disks.
    There is no better advise for now. You need to give your user/pass to somebody who know what to look for.

Leave a comment: