banning single smiley's on post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banning single smiley's on post

is it possible to ban a user posting a single smiley on a post?

i'll reply to show you what i mean lol

Comment

as above, it's a waste of a post just posting a smiley on it's own imho.

Comment

I don't know whether banning a single smiley is possible or not, but I'm intrigued by the fact that you want to.

Do you allow posts like "I agree!" or "Not sure about this"?

Because it seems to me that the single-smiley post communicates exactly the same thing, only with fewer characters.

Granted, this type of message doesn't contribute a lot to the discussion, and you might want to prohibit all posts of this type. But I, personally, don't see a reason to delete the single smiley post of you allow the "I agree" posts. And if you ban "I agree" posts, that would encompass single-smiley posts also, wouldn't it?

Comment

You can set minimum length of post to like 15 or 20 characters, so they are forced to write something as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldieP View Post

Granted, this type of message doesn't contribute a lot to the discussion, and you might want to prohibit all posts of this type. But I, personally, don't see a reason to delete the single smiley post of you allow the "I agree" posts. And if you ban "I agree" posts, that would encompass single-smiley posts also, wouldn't it?
            Very true, I would prefer users using words rather than just a smiley, your maybe right in that a smiley probably reflects a users thought's but having a 2 page thread with just smileys in every post does not IMHO lead to debate.

Originally posted by ForumUser210 View Post
            You can set minimum length of post to like 15 or 20 characters, so they are forced to write something as well.
            Thanks, nice one, hopefully it will encourage users to write text

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X