Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to change the text on a profile tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by jilly View Post
    I found the phrases in admincp already, and changed it - I changed the phrases to 'reminder' (instead of warning) and 'second reminder', (instead of infraction) but the tab on the profile calls the 'infractions' phrase, so the tab on the profile says 'Second Reminder' - and I'd like to change just that tab to say "Reminders". Because it won't only contain 'second reminders', it will also contain first reminders

We need gentler words at my site, ppl just get too upset at warning and infraction.
    Humm. Gone are the days that Admins / Mods use just the private messages and User Notes.... That would easily stop all this problems... Infraction system should of been kept hidden from view and that is why 'User Notes' were for... They have to integrate those two together and just send a undeletable private message (that will create a separate folder...) that would need to be read before viewing/interactive with forum. That would make it more tolerable to have the infraction....

Another is to hide infractions after time period has ran out, but keep it only in something like history and only be viewable if selected, else display eg: 'no infractions at this time'

Leave a comment:

• jilly
    replied
    I found the phrases in admincp already, and changed it - I changed the phrases to 'reminder' (instead of warning) and 'second reminder', (instead of infraction) but the tab on the profile calls the 'infractions' phrase, so the tab on the profile says 'Second Reminder' - and I'd like to change just that tab to say "Reminders". Because it won't only contain 'second reminders', it will also contain first reminders

We need gentler words at my site, ppl just get too upset at warning and infraction.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarius View Post
    No, it is not hardcoded!

Do not do this. A file edit is not needed.

The code you highlighted in red calls a phrase! It's the phrase "infractions", and this phrase can be edited through AdminCP. But beware: This phrase is not only for the tab in profile, but is very likely used in other places, too (it's a global phrase). So if you change that phrase, it will change in other places, too.
    Humm. Banter time... Tab phrases are hard coded or you would be able to find that phrase and edit though templates... My option is not the best, but it was the question was 'Tabs'....

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
    I was not able to edit through any templates/phrases and found it only in file: member.php, as this seems to be hard coded.
    No, it is not hardcoded!

# edit file though host side or using wordpad, then upload and replace.
    # find and edit phrase to 'Reminders'
    Do not do this. A file edit is not needed.

Code:
    'infractions' => array(
    'class' => 'Infractions',
    'title' => $vbphrase['infractions'],
    'options' => array(
    'pagenumber' => $vbulletin->GPC['pagenumber'],
    'tab' => $vbulletin->GPC['tab'],
    ),
    ),
    The code you highlighted in red calls a phrase! It's the phrase "infractions", and this phrase can be edited through AdminCP. But beware: This phrase is not only for the tab in profile, but is very likely used in other places, too (it's a global phrase). So if you change that phrase, it will change in other places, too.

Leave a comment:

• Jose Amaral Rego
    replied
    I was not able to edit through any templates/phrases and found it only in file: member.php, as this seems to be hard coded.

# edit file though host side or using wordpad, then upload and replace.
    # find and edit phrase to 'Reminders'

Code:
    'infractions' => array(
    'class' => 'Infractions',
    'title' => $vbphrase['infractions'],
    'options' => array(
    'pagenumber' => $vbulletin->GPC['pagenumber'],
    'tab' => $vbulletin->GPC['tab'],
    ),
    ),

Leave a comment:

• jilly
    started a topic How to change the text on a profile tab?

How to change the text on a profile tab?

What template would I look in, to customize the text on a profile tab? I want to change the one that says 'Infractions' to 'Reminders'. Tx