Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Message boards with a shared sub forum

Hi, I was told by the vBulletin team to ask the following question here:

I plan to have 3 buttons on my website that direct people to different forums. I would like these forums to have sub forums relevant to the topic that the user had clicked on using the main page of my website. I would also like to have a sub forum on these 3 forums that share the section with one another. It was also suggested that I create 3 different user groups, so the user would have to register first and choose which forum they would like to see, but I would like unregistered users to have the option to click on 1 of these 3 forums and be directed to the forum they desire without having to register first. As of right now I have one license that I have purchased from vBulletin, would I need two more.

An example that I have seen done is: m3post.com and e90post.com, these two forums have their own sub forums but also share a sub forum.

I'm not sure if that makes much sense, so maybe this will help.

1st Forum

1st Sub forum
    3rd Sub forum (Shared with forum 2/3)

2nd Forum

1st Sub forum
    3rd Sub forum (Shared with forum 1/3)

3rd Forum

1st Sub forum
    3rd Sub forum (Shared with forum 1/2)

Any help would be appreciated.

1st, 2nd & 3rd base forums - They are on different domains?

What m3post.com and e90post.com are doing is not a standard feature of the vBulletin software. You would have to have someone customize your site code to allow that to happen.

You're not going to be able to get a solution here since we cannot go into modification techniques in details. Check-in over at http://www.vbulletin.org for your request.
    To be updated...

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

1st, 2nd and 3rd would be on the same domain.

I was wondering would I be able to buy 2 more licenses and installed on the same domain and then create sub forums and link them to the first base forum that I would want shared among the 3 forums?

By the way, I will check out vbulletin.org and see if I could find again.

Thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X