Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Jump and Rss Feed?

Dear everyone

I know the function of both forum jump menu and rss feed but I still have one question about each.

For the forum jump menu, I read that it generates a lot of HTML codes and if you have a lot of sections I mean forum you should disable it. My question is .. is that true? Why? and is there something instead? (consider it as one question )

Rss feed, is there any danger from it because I have seen a lot of websites not using it?

Best regards

Anyone help me here please !!

Comment

Till now I did not get any answer .. that's bad

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by Ghassan View Post
        Dear everyone

I know the function of both forum jump menu and rss feed but I still have one question about each.

For the forum jump menu, I read that it generates a lot of HTML codes and if you have a lot of sections I mean forum you should disable it. My question is .. is that true? Why? and is there something instead? (consider it as one question )

Rss feed, is there any danger from it because I have seen a lot of websites not using it?

Best regards
        Do not ever recall this being a issue...
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ce-Server-Load

The only bad thing would be if an image(attachment came with a virus). I guess that having duplicate content may or may not effect where you are... (SEO). I myself would never turn this on (just for testing) as you might get a bunch of spam links if the feed you are linking to does have anyone at the wheel.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X