Privacy settings default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privacy settings default

Is there any way to set the privacy settings default to Friends Only instead of Everyone? Facebook has gone this route. Wondering if it's possible on vbulletin?
    Canadian Bodybuilding | Supplement Reviews

Originally posted by CBB View Post
    Is there any way to set the privacy settings default to Friends Only instead of Everyone? Facebook has gone this route. Wondering if it's possible on vbulletin?
    Try going through this path.

Usercp > profile privacy > Friends only (do that for all sections)> Save
    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

I mean by default for any new users that register. It's set to Everyone when they register. I want new registrations to have Friends Only by default. Too many trolls nowadays

Comment

There presently is no option in vBulletin to do what you are asking.

The only option you have is to enable/disable the user profile privacy settings.

It may be possible to do with an SQL query, but I don't have the information off hand to complete your requested task.

Sorry.
        To be updated...

Comment

Anyone know if vb 4.0 will allow us to set the default settings for privacy?

Comment

Small update on this:

1) I found that the privacy settings are in a table called 'profileblockprivacy' and it is EMTPY until someone actually changes their default profile privacy settings.

2) to populate this field, you'd have to create multiple entries for each user to cover each of the privacy controls. Please refer to the screen shot that is attached to this post.

As you can see, user id #1 has a entry for each of the profile settings. 0 = Everyone, 1 = Registered Members only. The other options go in numerical order in-line with the drop down list in the User CP menu.

This would be rather time consuming to create no matter how you shake it. You could easily create 1 entry for each user and change 1 setting. After that, it could get quiet complex/time consuming to create additional entries for each user beyond the first one. I suppose you could insert your user ID numbers repeatedly for each privacy field setting as a new record..... hmm.. well anyway, this is the only way to do it globally without asking each user to update their profile privacy settings.
            Attached Files
            To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X