X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by AllenAyres View Post
    Found it, it was a permissions issue with the portal/wrapper.

Thank you for your help
    Great! Putting this one in the notebook, 1st time I've seen that kind of issue with a portal app. (at least to that degree of restricted access) -- Glad you got it sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• AllenAyres
    replied
    Found it, it was a permissions issue with the portal/wrapper.

Thank you for your help

Leave a comment:

• AllenAyres
    replied
    Thanks... I think what may be the problem is a 'recent threads' content island or something similar at the bottom of the page that is forcing user permissions on the rest of the page. The issue there is that I've reset all guests permissions to be able to view every forum... so still more digging.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Newsflash: Your Archive link works! (at the bottom of the home page)

That's the only thing I successfully could access. And with that, 2:30AM, time to sleep.... good luck in getting things fixed up. I'll check this thread in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    I can't even access the faq. I'll keep thinking but have no other ideas right now.

Leave a comment:

• AllenAyres
    replied
    It's just the basic install of the portal. The home page is still /index.php

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    Weird. The only page I can access is the blog. You're right, no matter what you do to permissions guests should be able to register.

ENF is right about disabling vb advanced, if you have modified any pages with it then there is a permissions setting in CMPS by usergroup.

Leave a comment:

• AllenAyres
    replied
    Thanks, I did try the forum permissions thing to no avail. I'll see if updating CMPS helps, then disable and see if that is the issue. Gracias

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by zeloreo View Post
    Check admincp/forums & moderators/forum permissions and make sure that guests have permissions to view the forums you want them to view
    I think he's tried that... click on his site, you can't even register or do ANYTHING but try to login. It absolutely does not let you do anything but give you the login page. Something else is wrong, just don't know where. On my test forum, if I block guests from everything, they still can register at least.

To the OP: I also noticed you are using vBa CMPS, you've got version 3.1.0 and 3.2.1 is the latest release. I would recommend you disable all plug-ins to see if the problem continues. I checked the CMPS stuff on a test forum, I don't believe it could cause these issues... but.. who knows.

Leave a comment:

• zeloreo
    replied
    Check admincp/forums & moderators/forum permissions and make sure that guests have permissions to view the forums you want them to view. That shouldn't stop them from registering but it could stop them from seeing the forums.
    Last edited by zeloreo; Tue 20 Oct '09, 9:16am.

Leave a comment:

• AllenAyres
    replied
    Thank you ENF, I've checked those permissions for guests, even using the reset link but for some reason it's blocking anyone who's not signed in from viewing any page. It's probably something real simple but I can't find it :/

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    I know you said you reset permissions, but did you check the "Unregistered/Not Logged in group" specifically.

It seems like that group, at least, has everything in denied mode. Can't do anything on your site at all.

EDIT: I've tried reproducing this on our test site. I can't quite get the same combination of issues to match exactly what is happening on your site. Something is whacky though or it's so obvious, I'm overshooting the problem. It's gotta be more than usergroup permission problems... If I find something, I'll post it.
    Last edited by ENF; Tue 20 Oct '09, 8:47am.

Leave a comment:

• AllenAyres
    started a topic Forum Permissions

Forum Permissions

I have a site where guests should be able to view forums, topics, etc., and register, but all I get when clicking on any of the forum or register links is the login page.

http://thecaribbeantravelforums.com/forum/register.php

I've checked permissions, reset them to default, etc. but no budging on the issue. It doesn't seem to be a common problem (I couldn't find it in a search here) so maybe there's an obvious solution

Any assistance appreciated.