• Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Make sure that 'Can View Others' Threads' is set to 'Yes'

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Isn't it supposed to show the thread titles, but if you click on the thread titles to see the thread content, it will tell you to sign in?

I thought that is what is supposed to happen. At least from the little descriptions in admincp that is what is supposed to happen. The way it is now, I can see the forum while not logged in, but cannot see any thread titles at all.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Originally posted by GeorgeB View Post
    How can I set it so that unregistered/not logged in members can view the forum and thread titles, but CANNOT view the thread content?

I know where the options lies at in admincp, and I have tried that NUMEROUS times, but it is not working for some reason. When I set the option, and then log out and log back in, I click on a thread, and I can view all the content, even though I have not signed back in yet?

Any ideas?
    Trevster has answered it perfectly
    Originally posted by Trevster View Post
    AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > [Edit] Unregistered/Not Logged In

Under 'Forum Viewing Permissions', set the following:

Can View Forum - Yes
    Can View Thread Content - No
    There you go
    I have no idea as to what is going on. I just tried doing that again, and it still will not show the threads. It will only show the forum, but no matter what category I select, it all says "no threads to display"
    That's what you wanted.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    I have no idea as to what is going on. I just tried doing that again, and it still will not show the threads. It will only show the forum, but no matter what category I select, it all says "no threads to display"

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > [Edit] Unregistered/Not Logged In

Under 'Forum Viewing Permissions', set the following:

Can View Forum - Yes
    Can View Thread Content - No

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    replied
    Originally posted by terryfavors View Post
    I think this would also block the google spiders from indexing your foums, I think??
    I took that into consideration, but at the moment, I need it. It will revert back to the other way before long.

Leave a comment:

• terryfavors
    replied
    How can I set it so that unregistered/not logged in members can view the forum and thread titles, but CANNOT view the thread content?

I know where the options lies at in admincp, and I have tried that NUMEROUS times, but it is not working for some reason. When I set the option, and then log out and log back in, I click on a thread, and I can view all the content, even though I have not signed back in yet?

Any ideas?
    I think this would also block the google spiders from indexing your foums, I think??

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeB
    started a topic usergroup permissions

usergroup permissions

Any ideas?