Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOw to change default index.php?

Hi everyone,

How do I change index.php to something like index2.php?

I tried in forum homepage option in vbulletin, I changed index to index2 but when I access my site like www.domain.com, nothing will appear, but when I write the url address as www.domain.com/index2.php, it will appear.

So how can I change the default landing page to index2.php? So when I write the url www.domain.com, it will automatically land to www.domain.com/index2.php. I mean I don't have to write it manually in the address bar as www.domain.com/index2.php rather I will just write www.domain.com and it will land to www.domain.com/index2.php

Help will be much appreciated.

Regards

The easiest way is to make the change in your .htaccess file.

Add this to the file...
    Code:
    DirectoryIndex index2.php
    CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Chimpie View Post
      The easiest way is to make the change in your .htaccess file.

Add this to the file...
      Code:
      DirectoryIndex index2.php
      what if I'll put another script that uses index.php? does it mean that the landing page will be index2.php now?

my purpose for changing the default index.php to something like index2.php is for me to use another script in my root server with index.php (like wordpress). Two of my domains are hosted in one server. One with vbulletin script and another one with wordpress script. What I'd like to happen is, when I go to my vbulletin domain, like, www.domain.com, it will be redirected to www.domain.com/index2.php and when I go to my second domain (in wordpress), like, www.domain2.com, it will be redirected to www.domain2.com/index.php.

Comment

Two completely different domains should have two completely different .htaccess files.

You should be fine.
        CHIMPIE | SKYWARN | EMTLIFE

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X