Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abomination
    replied
    I know little about these things compared to others, but it might be possible that something very small has changed, but it looks like a big problem.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Leave a comment:

• KBPrims
    replied
    Originally posted by Abomination View Post
    Do you have a local copy of the files on the server? e.g. the files you uploaded from your local computer up to your site are still around?

Before wiping your hosting account clean you may want to make sure you have those, and of course having a copy of the database before the hack would be good as well.

I know it is frustrating, but the people that would normally help have been dealing with the 4.x issues and they may not have had time, or even have seen your post/thread. It is probably being buried by all the other threads. Keep bumping this until you get more input. If you delete your only database for instance you loose all your data.

Thanks I won't delete anything yet. I will wait for my server and more input here. I was going to try to re install the files I had and see if that does anything.

Leave a comment:

• Abomination
    replied
    Do you have a local copy of the files on the server? e.g. the files you uploaded from your local computer up to your site are still around?

Before wiping your hosting account clean you may want to make sure you have those, and of course having a copy of the database before the hack would be good as well.

I know it is frustrating, but the people that would normally help have been dealing with the 4.x issues and they may not have had time, or even have seen your post/thread. It is probably being buried by all the other threads. Keep bumping this until you get more input. If you delete your only database for instance you loose all your data.

Leave a comment:

• KBPrims
    replied
    Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
    Just something you might want to do is make sure that your password is something hard for others to know but something that you know. Also if the member who hacked your forum, has a dodgey email, contact that person's provider.

Also make sure that you don't allow guests to post.

By doing that. Go to Admincp > vBulletin > usergroups > Usergroup manager > Unregistered and not logged in > can post in forum > NO

Thanks. I have posting set to no at least I did I can't get into my admin either. I can log in but then it goes to a white page. Still waiting to hear from the server to see if they can tell me anything about how the person got in. I have been trying the tips on the "white or blank page" tips and hints but I can't get into my admin to do anything.

Leave a comment:

• carntheroos4eva
    replied
    Just something you might want to do is make sure that your password is something hard for others to know but something that you know. Also if the member who hacked your forum, has a dodgey email, contact that person's provider.

Also make sure that you don't allow guests to post.

By doing that. Go to Admincp > vBulletin > usergroups > Usergroup manager > Unregistered and not logged in > can post in forum > NO

Leave a comment:

• KBPrims
    replied
    Thank you so much for the info and help

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboard.com
    replied
    Originally posted by KBPrims View Post
    I have a back up and I have contacted my host about it. Is this a common hacker? Should I delete what is there so they can't get redirect it or anything. Sorry if I sound stupid just new at all this.
    Not a problem. If you have contacted your host, they will most likely overwrite your entire site and check for the existence of rouge files/scripts.

I would let them attempt to find the security issue and restore your site. But then it's up to you to make sure your software is secure by implementing the advice in the link I provided, lest you be hacked again.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• KBPrims
    replied
    I have a back up and I have contacted my host about it. Is this a common hacker? Should I delete what is there so they can't get redirect it or anything. Sorry if I sound stupid just new at all this.

Leave a comment:

• dodgeboard.com
    replied
    DO you have a backup?

Have you contacted your host to see if they have information on how the hacker gained entry?

Have you asked your host if they can restore from a backup?

After restore, implement security measures detailed here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194701

Leave a comment:

• KBPrims
    started a topic Site Hacked

Site Hacked

I have never had this happen and I'm not sure what to do. Everything worked fine this morning then I got a new member email and went in to check out who they were. Everything was gone! I can log in to admin but then its goes to a white screen. The new member never got approved and my community was locked to all un approved people. The user name that this person used was "h4cker" Any ideas?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X