Opening URL link in a new window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening URL link in a new window

Is it possible to open a forum link in a new window? I have a links category in my forum and I don't particularly want the URLs to come up on top of my forum.

IE = Y
    FF = N (open in new tab)

Admin CP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > « Expand Templates » > « Forum Home Templates » > forumhome_forumbit_level1_post and forumhome_forumbit_level2_post > [Customize]
    # find and add to both template(s) in bold/hilight
    Code:
    			<div>
    				<a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]" <if condition="$forum[link] != ''">target="_blank"</if>><strong>$forum[title]</strong></a>
    				<if condition="$show['browsers']"><span class="smallfont">(<phrase 1="$forum[browsers]">$vbphrase[x_viewing]</phrase>)</span></if>
    			</div>

Comment

I tried that but it made no difference ...

Comment

My bad, that only works if you add URL at creating/editing a Forum.

# remove all custom
        # replace with

Code:
        target="_blank"

Comment

So is it this?

Code:
          <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]" target="_blank"><strong>$forum[title]</strong></a>
          Because I'm still getting the same result ...

Just so that we're both on the same page here, I'm talking about a link as a forum in a category as shown in the attachment.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you have edit those templates, then it should open these links as shown here... Yours was not even close enough to know where or what that was from.

See below.
            Attached Files

Comment

The link bit comes from the "Add New Forum" page in the admin CP. The links do work. They just don't open in a new window/tab. It shouldn't matter what template I use ...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by writerkimba; Mon 19 Oct '09, 8:37pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X