Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the correct procedure for moving vbulletin from old hosting to new hosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the correct procedure for moving vbulletin from old hosting to new hosting?

Not sure if thi sis the right section but I would like to know the correct procedure for moving vbulletin.

I am moving rackspacecloud to my dedicated server.

Go here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

It's the online manual.

In the search, on the upper left, enter: moving servers

You will find the instructions clearly stated.

Regards,
    Slappy

Comment

Thank you Slappy.

That just sounds weird to say haha

Comment

I recently did a server move. Couple of things I would say as a result of the experience:

1. Upgrade your existing forum to the latest version first, then install the same version on the new server.
        2. If like me you had stored attachments and the likes as files (and not in the database) you need to tell the new forum the path to these on your server has changed. To do this you need to go into test/debug mode and access a normally hidden option (plenty of help if you search for that).
        3. Don't forget to copy over the actual attachments, smilies, avatars etc.

I've moved twice now and it went generally OK, let me know if you have any questions
        Fireworks

Comment

^ Interesting technique.

I'm about to move my stuff to a new host. In the process, I'll be moving from Windows to Linux. Anything special I should know? Is there a list somewhere of the permissions I need to change?

Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X