Forums appear locked to isn't logged in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums appear locked to isn't logged in

The forums all appear locked to anybody who isn't logged in. I am the admin so of course when I log in it looks unlocked. Is there a way to unlock these forums? Please help me step by step

Do you have show forums locked turned on? Can they view posts or just get shown the lock icon?

More information is needed to assist you please, thanks!

Comment

Go to the AdminCP and go to:

usergroups --> usergroup manager --> in the top, default usergroups you will see "unregistered/Not logged in" To the right of that there will be a list to "edit Usergroup (id:1) and to the right of that a "Go" button.

Click the "Go" button.

In the second group below, in the new window which will open, you will see:

Forum Viewing Permissions

The first two are: Can View Forum and Can View Thread Content.

If these are set to "NO", then guests CAN NOT View the Forums or See the Threads.

"Unregistered" and/or "Not Logged In" (that means "Guests") will see the "Locked" Icon.

If Can View Forum and/or Can View Thread Content are "YES" then "Unregistered" and/or "Not Logged In" ("Guests") can SEE the Forums and the Threads.

In the same general area you can set whether or not they can Post and do other things.

This is generally referred to as the "Usergroup Permissions"and you can set these settings seperately for each usergroup.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
      Last edited by slappy; Mon 12 Oct '09, 7:28pm.
      Slappy

Comment

Originally posted by Kadafi420 View Post
        Do you have show forums locked turned on? Can they view posts or just get shown the lock icon?

More information is needed to assist you please, thanks!
        My forum is www.magicblot.com/forum
        As u see all forums look with red cross line - but every body can view forims threads and posts How to do that bottons from left of forums to be original as for registered users&((((
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kastet View Post
          My forum is www.magicblot.com/forum
          As u see all forums look with red cross line - but every body can view forims threads and posts How to do that bottons from left of forums to be original as for registered users&((((
          Thanks
          Check this option as well:

ADMINCPvBulletin Options Forums Listing Display OptionsShow Lock Icons to Users. (YES/NO Option)

What is that set to?
          To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
            Check this option as well:

ADMINCPvBulletin Options Forums Listing Display OptionsShow Lock Icons to Users. (YES/NO Option)

What is that set to?
            YEEES! That's all I mean))
            Thanks my problem DONE!

Comment

Originally posted by kastet View Post
              YEEES! That's all I mean))
              Thanks my problem DONE!
              Glad that worked out for you.
              To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X