Getting hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting hacked

I keep deleting a poster , banned his ip, and use the spambot image plus a special question he still manages to get into my forum and post a spam message, I noticed if you search on google lots of other forums are getting hit with the same mesage post.

Paypal & Ebay owned by mafia: http://********.com
    I upgraded to vb 3.8.4 and still no luck

Otis

Don't delete him. There are tens of thousands of open and anonymous proxy servers available on the internet. It is trivial to get a new IP address from any country of the world. If you happen to run out of available IP addresses available that than you install a plugin that rewrites the request sent to the server with a new IP address. Or at least a new IP address shown to PHP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by trifive View Post
      I keep deleting a poster , banned his ip, and use the spambot image plus a special question he still manages to get into my forum and post a spam message, I noticed if you search on google lots of other forums are getting hit with the same mesage post.

I upgraded to vb 3.8.4 and still no luck

Otis
      let him keep his log on and his ip and his email!, simply use Tachy goes to coventry, he'll be quite pleased with himself that he is having his posts left alone and you'll be quite happy because you can keep an eye on him but no one else will see him or his posts, it's a cool tool just wish it was available as a one click drop down in the members profiles...etc for admins.
      Kind regards,
      Simon
      Microsoft Office Discussion

Comment

Alternatively you can find out what his contact details and contact his Internet Service Provider as well as the police and get him into trouble.
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Originally posted by schwab2clarkson View Post
          Alternatively you can find out what his contact details and contact his Internet Service Provider as well as the police and get him into trouble.
          That's easier said then done when he's using a proxy.
          http://data.collectiveirc.net/status/user/Jobe.png

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X