Archive Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive Problem

I'm trying to get my internal search engine to work with vbulletin. In order to do this i'm having my search engine search the forums/archive/index.php page. I have archive turned on and set to the full view (not simple). So the idea is that when my search engine searches the forum it does not create links to the archive but instead creates links to the topics that the archive link to.

Right now when i do a search term it returns 2 results. One for the archive and one for the actual form. I want to be able to eliminate the archive one so i need to be able to edit the archive file to add a spider no index line in the actual archive. Where do i go to add this addition?

any suggestions on what template or what file i should add my spider rules to? I just need to add two lines telling my spider to not index the content of the archives page but just the links. Because in its current state when i do a search the results show both the archive page and the links. i want to eliminate the forum titles in the archives page from being indexed.
    Last edited by bar338; Tue 13 Oct '09, 7:37am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X