serious problem!! hacker maybe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious problem!! hacker maybe??

I had a unregistered guest that posted in my board, all my setting are made so they can veiw but can not post...so how in the world did this happen it even said "guest" when he posted... did he hack into my board?? her mnade a post saying" HI WORLD" like he was playing me

A friendly hacker?

Are you sure you don't have a forum that allows posts by unregistered members?

Seems like if a person had hacked your board, they would do a lot more than post a greeting to the rest of the world.

Maybe a URL would be helpful..
    Last edited by dodgeboard.com; Sat 10 Oct '09, 8:58pm. Reason: title

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
      Are you sure you don't have a forum that allows posts by unregistered members?

Seems like if a person had hacked your board, they would do a lot more than post a greeting to the rest of the world.

Maybe a URL would be helpful..

this is my baord

http://www.canadiansuperboard.com/index.php

right after he posted that I had 16-19 guests jumped on and they were all from the exact same IP from lebanon, right now I set it back so you can veiw the board without registering

ok im am not loggen in but I can still make a post in the "Board Rules and Announcements" how do i fix this

Comment

Admincp > Vbulletin options (on the left) > Usergroup manager > unregistered/ not logged in > Can post on forum > no
        Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
        Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

ok I fixed it, i didnt have the setting right..lol, thx guys

Comment

If I was you, I would also seriously consider upgrading your 3.8.1 board to the current software as it addresses some security concerns.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X