Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I embed some code into the footer of the forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I embed some code into the footer of the forums?

We have a "hit" counter that we want to place on the footer of our forums page. What file, where in the code and how do we get there to place it?

You just need to open the footer template and experiment a little. Try it right before this:
    $ad_location[ad_footer_end]

Comment

Or you could just edit the powered by vbulletin phrase
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Why would you edit the 'powered by' phrase to add a hit counter??
        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Because you can.
          That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

That's a very bad philosophy, and horrible advice.

There is a footer template where things like that can and should be added. What possible reason, other than "because you can", could you have for adding hit counter code in a phrase???
            ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

I don't see the sense in editing a phrase to add a graphical element and associated code.

Adding a counter to a global template such as the footer will count EVERY hit on every page - is this what you're after or are you looking just to have the counter register hits on your forum home?
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Covert-OPs_ View Post
                We have a "hit" counter that we want to place on the footer of our forums page. What file, where in the code and how do we get there to place it?
                You can add it by going on to your Admin CP> Styles & Templates> Style Manager> Your Style> Edit the template named "Footer"> Add the code of your counter on the very first of the footer code and you're done!

All the best,
                Vibhor

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X