Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links truncated after upgrading.

Hi,

Originally, my board was on 3.7.4. I just upgraded my forum to 3.8.4 PL1 a couple hours ago and everything went smoothly. But long links are now truncated. Is there a way i could have links show in full instead of '.....' in between?

Thanks.

Long links have always been truncated with "..." in the middle.

Comment

It was. Then one of the previous owner on my board did something to it and the links are showing fine. I can't get in touch with him now.

So if he could do it, i'm sure there's a way to make it show in full.

Comment

You have to actually modify a file to make it not be truncated. Look up the function handle_bbcode_url in the includes/class_bbcode and you will see where you need to edit there.

If you need further help, you really need to post this on vb.org since that is the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          You have to actually modify a file to make it not be truncated. Look up the function handle_bbcode_url in the includes/class_bbcode and you will see where you need to edit there.

If you need further help, you really need to post this on vb.org since that is the modification site.
          Thanks a bunch.

I got some help from a friend and he pointed me to the right direction as you did.

It's working fine now. Links are showing in full.

Comment

It requires a pretty gnarly hardcoded file edit. Why this wasn't changed to a control panel setting years ago is beyond me. Maybe vB4?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X