time lapsed thread locking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time lapsed thread locking?

first, I tried several searches - none of which yielded an answer even close to what I was looking for...

OK;

I was wondering if there is a setting somewhere (that maybe I missed) which would essentially create a "time out" for any given thread being active...
    Essentially this setting that I'd like to have/find is that after the thread sits unreplied to for 'X' amount of time, it would 'close' it.

FYI: I'm running version: 3.8.3

The deal is we are having a reoccurring problem of several year old threads being posted in by members who are searching, and not paying attention to the "last post date".
    I/we want to keep the old threads, because for one, we have ample server space, and alot of the old threads are actually useful (an automotive related forum).

The closest I found was an option under 'threads & posts'/prune/last post date...
    but I'm pretty sure this isn't what I am wanting...

If someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!

A simpler solution is to create a plugin which restricts posting to a thread which is older then X amount of time.

Comment

does something like this exist?

Comment

If it does it would be over at www.vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by unruhjon View Post
          does something like this exist?
          I had one for a while but ended up deleting it. Restricting members from posting on such a large scale isn't a very good idea. Sometimes you will want an update to an old thread.

I found that the few times a year an old thread is revived and I would rather a new thread be created, I move the new posts to a new thread.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X