User gets wrong info about new Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User gets wrong info about new Posts

We have an user who claims that he gets always the "new" picture on all forums - even if there is no new posting! I logged in with his username an password and can confirm this behaviour! After loggin in, all forums show a "new" picture in theforum overview. Now I mark one forum as "all posts read" and this forum does not longer show the "new" sign. Now I press F5 to refresh the site and the "new" picture appears again. But when I open this Forum there no unread posts.

Try setting this to the database read marking system with automatic forum marking:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type

Also note the Database Read Marking Limit setting which you may want to adjust. The default is 10 days.

Also have him try using this link:

Quick Links -> Mark Forums Read

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      Try setting this to the database read marking system with automatic forum marking:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Thread/Forum Read Marking Type
      It is set to database read marking with automatic forum marking. And it works for all users. Only one reported this problem.

Also note the Database Read Marking Limit setting which you may want to adjust. The default is 10 days.
      This is set to 90 days.

Also have him try using this link:

Quick Links -> Mark Forums Read
      okay, it seems that this was the solution. Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X