Guest can download free with .rar file type extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest can download free with .rar file type extension

My forum have a trouble. Server allway shutdown. I find out that when I attachment some kind of file, guest can download the file with .rar extension. They needn't sign in while they download file from my site. They copy attachment file link to everywhere, and my server get trouble.

What can I do to set permissions with .rar files ?
    You can see this link:
    http://giaxaydung.vn/diendan/bo-lao-...93-2009-a.html
    You can't download file .doc, .pdf, but you can download .rar file very easy, even you use accelator download software .
    My server, CPU and MySQL always hang, die... Help me please. Thanks.

Attachment Permissions in your Admincp > Attachments > Attachment Permissions

Comment

Originally posted by knightdreams View Post
      Attachment Permissions in your Admincp > Attachments > Attachment Permissions
      Thanks knightdreams for answer me. But your answer is not solution. We can't not set attachment permissions in Admincp > Attachments > Attachment Permissions. Because Attachement Permissions have no choice to set permissions for Guest (only for member, Admin, SMOD, MOD, member waiting active).
      I think VBB version 3.8.4 have problem with security hole (sorry my English not well, I can't express myself).
      Now my forum is down. Usually my forum have about 3.000 member online in the same time. Now they can't access my forum.

Comment

Is it only rar files that guests can download, or can they download any type of attachments? And, do you store the attachments in the database or in the filesystem? Also, check Forum Permissions, find a forum, look at the Unregistered Usergroup and see what is under Can Download Attachments. Check that same permission under Usergroup Manager > Unregistered Usergroup.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          Is it only rar files that guests can download, or can they download any type of attachments? And, do you store the attachments in the database or in the filesystem? Also, check Forum Permissions, find a forum, look at the Unregistered Usergroup and see what is under Can Download Attachments. Check that same permission under Usergroup Manager > Unregistered Usergroup.
          Only rar files that guests can download (files .doc, .pdf guests can not - in the same post). I store the attachments in the filesystem.
          I was check Forum Permissions, I can not find the solution.
          You can go this link http://giaxaydung.vn/diendan/bo-lao-...93-2009-a.html, we have a post, that post have all .doc, .pdf and .rar files, you can not download .doc, .pdf but you can download .rar file very easy.
          Oh no, my forum die now, you can't go to that link.

Can you fix this problem ?

Thank you for your help.
          giaxaydung
          Last edited by giaxaydung; Sun 4 Oct '09, 9:06pm.

Comment

In View Permission I found about permission setting for Unregistered / Not Logged In. All of them set No value for Can View Attachments and Can Post Attachments.

Comment

I just went to that page and I get a No Permission page when trying to download both .doc and .rar files. If you are the one testing this, don't forget that you may have stuff in your cache and thus you are able to download stuff because you already have.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment