PM spamming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM spamming?

Hi, i noticed when i logged into a members account and saw three PM's from random members advertising crap, rather than do the forums via posts (which they cannot do on my forums) the alternative is PM spam which seems automatic, is there a way to stop this? please advise, thanks.

Simply use the forum promotions system and put new users in a usergroup that cannot use PM's, in the promtions move them to a standard usergroup say after 10 posts...etc
    Kind regards,
    Simon
    Microsoft Office Discussion

Comment

Use Cybernetec's popular hack Advanced Permissions based on Post Count to make members post so many posts before they can use the system.
      That's it. If you REALLY can't say ANYTHING nice to me at all on this forum, then I am going to go insanely mad at you. I've had enough of the UNTOLD ABUSE you are all giving me and you should really be CONSIDERATE of other people.

Comment

Homeworld'sa, whilst i agree Cybernetec has some great hacks, in this case there is no need as the system is built in to VB, adding a hack means that should you have problems with your forum the first thing you will be asked to do is disable all hacks and plug-ins - so best keep your software clean of unnecessary plugin's - vb does this very well on its own
        Kind regards,
        Simon
        Microsoft Office Discussion

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Lloyd View Post
            Simply use the forum promotions system and put new users in a usergroup that cannot use PM's, in the promtions move them to a standard usergroup say after 10 posts...etc
            If I create a new usergroup, how can I make the new users go into that group and not the 'registered users' group? (w/o doing it manually)?

Thanks

Comment

That would involve modifying the code which would render it unsupported officially.

Better off creating a new group based on the Registered Users group, move everyone with over x posts into that group then removing any permissions you don't want new users to have from the Registered group
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X