Forum hacked using 3.8.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum hacked using 3.8.2

I would like to note that today our community was hacked somehow. They were able to get into the Mysql through the .css. I found a log file in my ftp that showed once a user logged in there username and password were added to that log file which they could pull from our domain. What could have been the security breach if you or anyone knows. I am now going to install the newest updates which the guys says he can still get into the newest version. Also I am going to implement 2 seperate firewalls. Is there anyother things I need to worry about or need to implement.

Any and all advice will be helpfull. Just so everyone knows whats going on.

See this thread:

Update to 3.8.4

What plugins/hacks do you use?

Also, do you have other domains on your account? Reason I ask is...I have a reseller account with Hostgator and have several domains. One of those domains had an old fantastico script install of photo gallery. It turned out they got in through a flaw/security hole from an install on one of my long abandoned domains.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
      See this thread:

Update to 3.8.4

What plugins/hacks do you use?

Also, do you have other domains on your account? Reason I ask is...I have a reseller account with Hostgator and have several domains. One of those domains had an old fantastico script install of photo gallery. It turned out they got in through a flaw/security hole from an install on one of my long abandoned domains.
      I own other domains but nothing are on there except they are forwarded to my main domain. I have read that thread. Thanks

Comment

The first response from most is "it must be VB" well to be honest in the many years I have been using vb and been on this forum, I have yet to see a security issue with VB itself that has allowed a site to be hacked. I'm not saying it has never happened, but 99.9% of all these threads end the same way, it was due to another issue or ****ty hosting and or server management or lack thereof.
        www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X