X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Originally posted by Steel9561 View Post
    My forum has always worked just fine but on this NEW server is not working properly.
    Have you considered that upon your old server you had something installed that you required to run a hack / modification installed? Suddenly a piece of server software is now not standard upon your new server? Maybe go back and look at any hacks and mods you have done and whether you required any server changes to get those working... that are not currently replicated on your new server!!!

Stranger things have happened...

Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then turn the display errors on.

And I have already explained the causes of those errors. It is from your modifications.

At any rate that page has ALL the known causes of blank pages. That means if it is not one of those then by definition we do not know what else it could be.

To date I have not come across one instance of blank pages that could not be explained by one of the items on that page.

Leave a comment:

• Steel9561
    replied
    No blank page...

But I already told you that my issue is not related to blank page. You are seeing a blank page when you go to my forum simply becuase I have turned off errors so they are not displayed but if i turn on errors, you will see the errors I described you on previous posts.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That page contains ALL the known causes of blank pages that we know of.

Leave a comment:

• Steel9561
    replied
    Any other suggestion?

Thanks so much for all help so far. Sorry this has taken so long, do you have any other idea of how can I solve this problem with my forum?

Leave a comment:

• Steel9561
    replied
    I already did...

I already did..... but remember I turned on error checking and when I turn on error checking, I get the errors I described you above. Currently error checking is off, that's why you see a blank page.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That is just a blank page. Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Leave a comment:

• Steel9561
    replied
    URL to my forum

http://www.racsuccess.com/community/index.php

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Honestly I don't see how that is possible. What is the URL to your forums?

Leave a comment:

• Steel9561
    replied
    I already did...

I already followed instructions on post #2..... believe me, each and every instruction was followed. there must be something else wrong here...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, what I suggest is following the instructions in post #2.

Leave a comment:

• Steel9561
    replied
    Don't understand....

Would you suggest me to install forum again?

I mean, as of now, all I have tried is to upgrade vbulleting from previous version to new one, if i install it fresh, do you think this will work? then removing the database created and restoring my old database?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No, I believe it's more likely custom templates as I have mentioned a couple of times before. One way or another this is due to modifications though.

Leave a comment:

• Steel9561
    replied
    I followed them all...

Well, I did follow all steps on post #2. the only thing is that you said that I should not get files that say:

'File does not contain expected contents':

and if you check the results I posted here on the forum, you will notice that few of the files DO say that. Do you think that's causing the issue?

Please let me know,

Luis Lazo

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The first error is still from a modified footer template. The other two are from modified navbar and FORUMHOME templates. You cannot get that error if you follow ALL the instructions in post #2.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X