Issue with new server... PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't understand....

Would you suggest me to install forum again?

I mean, as of now, all I have tried is to upgrade vbulleting from previous version to new one, if i install it fresh, do you think this will work? then removing the database created and restoring my old database?

Comment

No, what I suggest is following the instructions in post #2.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I already did...

I already followed instructions on post #2..... believe me, each and every instruction was followed. there must be something else wrong here...

Comment

Honestly I don't see how that is possible. What is the URL to your forums?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

URL to my forum

http://www.racsuccess.com/community/index.php

Comment

That is just a blank page. Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I already did...

I already did..... but remember I turned on error checking and when I turn on error checking, I get the errors I described you above. Currently error checking is off, that's why you see a blank page.

Comment

Any other suggestion?

Thanks so much for all help so far. Sorry this has taken so long, do you have any other idea of how can I solve this problem with my forum?

Comment

That page contains ALL the known causes of blank pages that we know of.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No blank page...

But I already told you that my issue is not related to blank page. You are seeing a blank page when you go to my forum simply becuase I have turned off errors so they are not displayed but if i turn on errors, you will see the errors I described you on previous posts.

Comment

Then turn the display errors on.

And I have already explained the causes of those errors. It is from your modifications.

At any rate that page has ALL the known causes of blank pages. That means if it is not one of those then by definition we do not know what else it could be.

To date I have not come across one instance of blank pages that could not be explained by one of the items on that page.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steel9561 View Post
                          My forum has always worked just fine but on this NEW server is not working properly.
                          Have you considered that upon your old server you had something installed that you required to run a hack / modification installed? Suddenly a piece of server software is now not standard upon your new server? Maybe go back and look at any hacks and mods you have done and whether you required any server changes to get those working... that are not currently replicated on your new server!!!

Stranger things have happened...

Just a thought.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X