Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I give all threads in a forum a certain prefix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I give all threads in a forum a certain prefix?

If the feature doesn't exist, please do not tell me to go to vbulletin.org. A query to accomplish this would be helpful too.

Try vBulletin.org or wait here and see what Staff say.... I thought this was in 3.8.x, but I do not see an option to do this as of yet or just unable to find it...
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...44&postcount=2

Comment

Thanks for the link to the query. I'll give that a try if that's the only way to accomplish this.

Comment

Go to the acp then select the forum manager. Select the forum you want to have the prefix and go to the very bottom of the page. It's the very last item at the bottom. Select yes and save your work.
        Next got to the prefix manager and select make a new prefix set.
        From there add the prefix ID and name and select the forum you want that set to be used in.
        Make sure to hit the save button as you go along.

Comment

That just created the prefix and makes it available for usage. It doesn't actually mass apply it to all the threads in the forum. Unless I'm overlooking something here.

Comment

this is what im trying to do to. i want it to have al threads in that forum to automatically have the prefix attached. is this possiable?

Comment

If the query works, that should be the solution (I haven't tried it yet). After that you can make new threads in the forum require a certain prefix.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogmuk View Post
                If the query works, that should be the solution (I haven't tried it yet). After that you can make new threads in the forum require a certain prefix.
                yeah i know how to require a prefix but i would rather have it automatic- i was thinking on maybe changing the icons for those certain forums just wish there was an easier way

Comment

There is someone posting about this exact thing over on vb.org. He's writing a plugin to do this. (Is it one of you? It's a different username than either of yours.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment