Smilies not working at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilies not working at all

When I installed vB back in the spring, I made an error of some kind and only two smilies have ever worked. Today I finally turned my attention toward the smilie issue, but without luck.

There are two issues that I can see. First, in imported smilies, there are a bunch of text names (e.g., icon_e_eek.gif) but no images. I don't even remember installing these, and I see no evidence of them in the images folder. Should I just delete these??

Second, I just tried uploading a new bunch of smilies. They appear in the images folder when I look in cpanel. However, I cannot see them anywhere else. When I open a new post, they are not available in the smilies list. When I tried to upload one (again) through the Smilies Manager, it told me that that gif already existed.

Any idea what gives?

Okay, I seem to have gotten all the actual gifs working. The key, for some reason, was to choose "Add smilies" in the Smilie Manager. Adding is apparently a separate, but necessary, step from uploading!?

My next question is how can I re-order the smilies in the little box next to the "post reply" window?

Right now it shows one very active animation, which I definitely want to offer, but would prefer to move lower down in the mix.

Comment

Okay, and now I have figured out how to order the smilies, namely by using the order function.

Ahem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X