Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rjp
    replied
    Thanks for your opinion I'll take it under consideration.

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    What should that be good for? You realize that the url parameters are in the source code, ready for everyone to read?

However, I will not try this and find it a rather, hm, weird idea... but why don't you try for yourself? Create your form, enable html and post it on your test board. I see no reason why it should not work, but lots of reasons why I don't like the idea. Starting with the fact that enabling html in posts is a real bad idea securitywise.

Leave a comment:

• rjp
    replied
    I'm thinking of using an HTML form in a post with a hidden element which has the argument and a (submit) button with the label "link". This should make it clearer. What I don't know is if an HTML form can be embedded in a post.

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    You really have to describe more verbose what it is you want to do. It really does not make much sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• rjp
    replied
    No, inside a post as html?

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    Inside a post/as a bbcode? No.

Leave a comment:

• rjp
    replied
    How about the idea of a form with a hidden field do you think this is possible?

Leave a comment:

• cellarius
    replied
    This has nothing to do with POST or GET methods in PHP/JS.

[post]-tags simply construct an internal link to the post with the postid given, [thread] does the same for threads. Both can't be used for anything else (and, of course, not for external links).

[url] will link exactly the URL that you pass to it, and if you want an url to pass parametes, you'll have to do that by site.com?var=x&othervar=y. There's no way around that.

Leave a comment:

• rjp
    started a topic POST a link to a url

POST a link to a url

The BBCode https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/117 and https://forum.vbulletin.com/node/117 allows a link to other posts in a forum. Does the BBCocde [post] allow posting to an external url similar to the [url] tag? I'd like to have a link to a url with arguments. The [url] tag allows a link to a url but I assume this uses GET which shows the arguments in the url. I'd like to not show the arguments which is why I want to use a POST and not a GET. Is this possible? and if it is how can I do it? If not is there another way to do it? maybe by using a form with hidden arguments and a (submit) button with the label link. Thanks.