Welcome Message Width Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Message Width Question

I installed a Sidebar Column on my Forum--it is on the right-hand side.

My question: how do I change the Welcome Message so that it is the full width (Forum width + Sidebar width), so the Sidebar shifts down?

I hope this makes sense.

I think you should post this question in vb.org not here

The welcome message code is located in the FORUMHOME template right under $navbar

Here's the code
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['guest']">
    <!-- guest welcome message -->
    <table class="tborder" cellpadding="$stylevar[cellpadding]" cellspacing="$stylevar[cellspacing]" border="0" width="100%" align="center">
    <tr>
        <td class="tcat"><phrase 1="$vboptions[bbtitle]">$vbphrase[welcome_to_the_x]</phrase></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td class="alt1">
            <phrase 1="faq.php$session[sessionurl_q]" 2="register.php$session[sessionurl_q]">$vbphrase[first_visit_message]</phrase>
        </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    <!-- / guest welcome message -->
    <br />
    </if>
    Now if you want to widen it up above the sidebar then you have to cut this code and paste it in the navbar template

Place it exactly before this line in the navbar template
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['forumdesc']">
    This is of course if your Sidebar Column code that you added is located in the navbar/footer templates.
    If your Sidebar Column code is placed in the header/template then it's a different story.

Hope that will help

Comment

Medicalforums -- thank you very much for your help. It is most appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. J View Post
        Medicalforums -- thank you very much for your help. It is most appreciated.
        Please beware that ur welcome message will appear in all the pages not only the home page!

I'd suggest to delete the welcome message and use Notices instead, they are much cooler and you can personalize them, like a special message for guests and another for members ...etc

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X