No announcement yet.

SQL injection & popup advertisements ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL injection & popup advertisements ..

Dear everyone ...

I have to problems that I couldn't solve till now !

The first is the SQL injection that the hackers manages to inject a redirect code to the forumhome block !! I don't know how do they manage to do that although I didn't install any additional hacks and my vbulletin version is the latest 3.8.4?

The second is the popup advertisements that I get when I open my forum although I didn't advertise for any but still the popup appears ?

Best regards

The popup advertisment is probably from your hosting provider. Would that be a possibility? And if you're using a fresh, unmodded vB-installation, chances are that it's not vB, but your server that has been corrupted.

Comment

Cellarius .. I think thats right because the advertisements is Dell's ..

Damn I have to check with them !!

Comment

No one gave me a way to secure from SQL Injection !!

I have added a code inside the confige to stop any plugins that is still in the DB
        define("DISABLE_PLUGINS", 1);

I'm afraid that after all this they hack my forum again .. so if anyone can help please help !!

Comment

Please see this thread on how to make your vBulletin more secure:

http://www.vbulletin.com/go/secure

If you are still being hacked after doing all of this, then they are most likely doing this by accessing your server. You need to contact your host about this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X