Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home2/signzone/public_html/index.php on

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home2/signzone/public_html/index.php on

    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home2/signzone/public_html/index.php on line 585

    Why am I getting this message? i install my forum and within hours or a day it gives me this message, what's going on!

  • #2
    Re-upload files again and make sure that file are chmod 644
    Files - 644, Folders - 755

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
      Re-upload files again and make sure that file are chmod 644
      Re-Upload which files, I have done this twice and both times I seem to keep getting hacked or attacked. What's the deal! Ugh, it's very frustrating. Are you available to chat or talk to discuss this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        index.php seems to be the first, but you never know where else they got in, that is if you did not have file(s) chmod to 644. We can talk here, as this is how other members can resolve issues they might see as simiular to own. It is better to re-up all...

        What ftp client do you use? I use FileZilla.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
          index.php seems to be the first, but you never know where else they got in, that is if you did not have file(s) chmod to 644. We can talk here, as this is how other members can resolve issues they might see as simiular to own. It is better to re-up all...

          What ftp client do you use? I use FileZilla.
          I also use FileZilla. The reason I ask is because I dont understand what you mean by chmod to 644... I also have re-upped the files, but dont want to loose the small amount of forums and changes I have already made to my forum.

          Comment


          • #6
            Uploading file(s) will not change anything... Well it will not change unmodified code within files... Just do not upload folder: images and file: install.php, config.php (located within folder install/install.php and includes/config.php)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
              Uploading file(s) will not change anything... Well it will not change unmodified code within files... Just do not upload folder: images and file: install.php, config.php (located within folder install/install.php and includes/config.php)
              So I do not install whatever is in the INSTALL folder or just those couple of files in the install folder.

              Comment


              • #8
                My other question is why does my site keep getting hacked! I have my site already nuked, I host on hostmonster.com, and have reset all my passwords and I'm still gettting hacked. depressing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Someone must already placed and or edited a file(s). What exactly do you have that you wanted save? A style can be downloaded and saved on to your computer.

                  Originally posted by signs201.com View Post
                  So I do not install whatever is in the INSTALL folder or just those couple of files in the install folder.
                  Only what I mentioned in other post you were referring too.

                  What is it you want save, as most things are easily replaced with just a download/upload overwrite and or reinstall.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                    Someone must already placed and or edited a file(s). What exactly do you have that you wanted save? A style can be downloaded and saved on to your computer.

                    Only what I mentioned in other post you were referring too.

                    What is it you want save, as most things are easily replaced with just a download/upload overwrite and or reinstall.
                    Not a style. It's all the forum names that I have already input. I am uploading now. That is why you probably noticed it. My big question that stands un answered is how is my site getting hacked constantly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Still think it was chmod, but go though all within link below.
                      How To Make My Forums More Secure

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                        Still think it was chmod, but go though all within link below.
                        How To Make My Forums More Secure
                        again, what is a chmod.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by signs201.com View Post
                          again, what is a chmod.
                          The link I have given has this information and you can view the permission settings from your FTP client (FileZilla) folders: 0755 files: 0644.

                          Comment

                          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X