Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protecting my forums

Hello,

I have done everything listed in this posts http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194701, I do however have some questions unanswered

I’ve read somewhere about removing the files in /install starting with upgrade. Would this include the files upgrade.php, upgrade_language_en.php, upgradecore.php AND install_language_en.php as well?

Assuming my forums are located with a stable host (ServInt), will the space above /public_html, in this case /home/mydomain/, be safe enough to store both my vb_backup.sh and db backups?

Also, I’ve read about bringing my config.php outside the forum root, assuming this could be the same place as where I locate my vb_backup.sh. Would this indeed benefit my installation, and how could this be done best?
    www.letsgather.com - Message boards, profiles, movies, music, and blogs.
    www.paganfolk.net - Green is the new black.
    www.die16-clan.com - Covering Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3.

Originally posted by Taragon View Post
    I’ve read somewhere about removing the files in /install starting with upgrade. Would this include the files upgrade.php, upgrade_language_en.php, upgradecore.php AND install_language_en.php as well?
    Not the install_language_en.php file. Only files starting with the word upgrade.

Assuming my forums are located with a stable host (ServInt), will the space above /public_html, in this case /home/mydomain/, be safe enough to store both my vb_backup.sh and db backups?
    Yes.

Also, I’ve read about bringing my config.php outside the forum root, assuming this could be the same place as where I locate my vb_backup.sh. Would this indeed benefit my installation, and how could this be done best?
    I don't recommend that. Custom code is required to move the config.php file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X