• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Activity details missing after moving forum

Hey Guys. I recently moved my forum from:
    oldserver.domain.com/forum
    to
    forum.domain.com

after the move i noticed that the details of a user's activity was not showing up. for example, the user activity now displays:
    Last Activity: Today 05:47 AM
    Current Activity: Viewing Thread
    as opposed to
    Last Activity: Today 5:53am
    Current Activity: Creating Thread vBulletin 3.8 Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting
    The same for the Who's Online list.
    The forum normally states which thread a member is viewing, but after the move it simply displays "Viewing Thread"
    The only location it still reveals is the Forum Index.

Any suggestion?

Have you tried creating a new style?

Comment

Did you change your forum URL in Admincp?

AdminCP-->Vbulletin Options-->Vbulletin Options-->Site Name / URL /

Contact Details-->Forum URL Put your new URL here.

JT

Comment

Originally posted by choccyclaire View Post
        Have you tried creating a new style?
        No

Originally posted by Jtague View Post
        Did you change your forum URL in Admincp?

AdminCP-->Vbulletin Options-->Vbulletin Options-->Site Name / URL /
        Contact Details-->Forum URL Put your new URL here.

JT
        Yes
        I did that before copying the forum, else i wouldn't be able to log into the AnminCP

Also, after delete a post within a thread (not the 1st post), instead of taking me back to the same thread, I get an error message
        vBulletin Message
        No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
        I noticed the the URL on that page is :
        http://forum.domain.com/showthread.php
        with no parameters to specify the thread.
        Last edited by ximcix; Thu 27th Aug '09, 9:27am.

Comment

Make sure this is set to 'Yes' for your usergroup:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Detailed Location Info for Users -> Yes
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes sir.
            That option is set to yes for my admin group

Comment

Then it should work. If it's not then this is due to a modification.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for your help Steve.

I upgraded from 3.8.2 to 3.0.4 last night as I though that might resolve the issue. so all files are 3.8.4 files. Only 2 files were modified & those were:
                admincp/email.php (added 2 lines to enable HTML Mail)
                includes/class_mail.php ((replaced a line with a If/Else statement to enable HTML Mail)
                So after running the file version check, only these 2 files report "File does not contain expected contents"

These are mods I had prior to the server move & did not have this issue then.
                I also deactivated all plugins via the Plugin Manager and also by adding the line of code you suggested above to the config.php file... neither helped.

I created a new style as you suggested & followed your instructions. this didn't help either.
                As for the cache, I logged onto the forum using google chrome. I have never used google chrome to visit my site and the problem is still present.

Comment

If you have removed all modifications and still have this issue, fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment