Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sireid View Post
    Hey Zodiac,
    I'm having the same problem here. Can you tell me, how do I find the attachment directory...or do I create an attachment directory and set it in vbulletin?
    Any help appreciated.
    Cheers
    Simon
    First make you have the vB setting set to store attachments in FILE SYSTEM, *not* in database (I'm not even sure why it defaults to database).

Attachment directories are

[your home forum directory]/attach/UserID

and make sure you do a chmod 0777 attach while in your home directory to make sure that dir has full read/write/modify permissions.

*BUT* user ID is broken up into individual single digits (again, I'm not sure why)

So if your userID was say... 1832 your attach dir would be:

[homedir]/attach/1/8/3/2/

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster View Post
      You should really start your own thread rather than digging up an old one...
      Hi Trevster, I thought it more appropriate to keep the thread in one place, as it's in relation to the same problem. I will next time though if preferred.

Click 'Go' and on the next screen, set the path to the directory you want making sure that:
      I've created an attachments folder with the right permissions so the path is /public_html/attachments. However it's still not working.

Would the 'full' path be for this directory be the following...
      /home/mysite.co.uk/public_html/attachments

Again, thanks for your help with this.
      Cheers
      Simon

Comment

No, you want the path relative to the forums root folder.

If you have the forums in your site's root directory, then you want '/attachments'. If they're in a sub-folder (e.g. mysite.co.uk/forums), then you you need to make it '../attachments' (although not entirely sure that will work?!).

Best off to place it in the same directory as your forums if it isn't already.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Actually, for the attachments, you do want to put in a full path. The reason being is that you do NOT want to put it under your public_html directory. You want to put it at the same level, ie. /home/yoursitename/attachments

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X