Changing just the colors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing just the colors...

I am using several mods that change my template. Many changes I had to go in and do myself by editing the templates. Is there a way to sort of copy the current style, edits and all, and only change the colors? And then if I make changes to that original style, those template changes show up in the copy with different colors?

Create a new style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Set the parent to the current style that has all of the template edits. Now you can change the colors of the new style. The templates will all be inherited from the parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      Create a new style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Set the parent to the current style that has all of the template edits. Now you can change the colors of the new style. The templates will all be inherited from the parent.
      Even when I make a template change to the parent, it will reflect automatically to the child?

Comment

Originally posted by itsbobtista View Post
        Even when I make a template change to the parent, it will reflect automatically to the child?
        Yes.

Comment

What if I find a new style made by someone else and all.. and I add that as a child? Will that new style, even though the coding may be slightly different, still take the changes I've made to that parent style?

Comment

bump

Comment

If you customize a template in the child then it overrides the default that is inherited from the parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
                If you customize a template in the child then it overrides the default that is inherited from the parent.
                I think I may have been misunderstood.

Okay, say I have Style1. I download another style and add it as a child to Style1, and name it Style2.

Whenever I make changes to Style1, will those changes be made to Style2? Do the templates of Style1 need to be identical to Style2, and only the CSS stylesheet can be different?

Comment

Is Style 1 is set as the parent of Style 2, then changes made to Style 1 will be inherited by 2 unless you already have a custom change to that setting in 2.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X