Thread Rating Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Rating Problem

First, I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. I have searched and have come up empty.

I believe this problem started from the 3.8.2 upgrade to 3.8.3 but it is possible that it was the upgrade to 3.8.4.

After 1 user rates a thread no one else can rate it. If you try it simply says that "you have already rated this thread" when we haven't. We did have the "who rated" mod installed, which I have uninstalled with no change. Any ideas or pointers?

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

That problem is due to a modification. You need to remove your mods.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
      That problem is due to a modification. You need to remove your mods.
      Thank you for your response.

I've disabled all of them with no improvement. I am assuming I need to do an uninstall?

Comment

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you sir. I'll follow these steps tonight and report back.

Comment

This is a bug appeared in 3.8.4 version.

There is a patch in [BUG]28714[/BUG].
            ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

Thank you Mak!

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the patch was attached but I did the code changes manually and it appears we are working. Much appreciated!

Comment

If you scroll down to the bottom on that link you will see:

On the right hand side--------------------------------------> Download

JT

Comment

Originally posted by Jtague View Post
                  If you scroll down to the bottom on that link you will see:

On the right hand side--------------------------------------> Download

JT

Not used to seeing attachments there. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by yourlocalnerd View Post
                    Thank you Mak!

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how the patch was attached but I did the code changes manually and it appears we are working. Much appreciated!
                    You are welcome!

Just be sure that when you looked throw:
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...achmentid=1465

you have to replace red lines with green lines in this particular case
                    ...... sigpic ...... "А стукачков мы не любим!"

My Modification: Quote Post in PM - passes to new personal message (PM) post's text, username, etc.

Comment

Thanks as well Mak. You are a God send. I was racking my brains for almost an hour trying to work out what I had done wrong with my forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Makc666 View Post
                        This is a bug appeared in 3.8.4 version.

There is a patch in [BUG]28714[/BUG].
                        How exactly do I apply the patch file? I don't need to manually edit showthread.php do I?

Comment

I'm actually wondering the same. I downloaded "issueid_28714_showthread.php.patch" but I don't know how to apply it and I can't find directions on this site or members section. I can make these changes manually, but I'd like to know for next time should I need to apply a bigger patch.

Guess I'm stupid.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X