X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Shane. View Post
    I see where it says "font family" for a lot of the choices, then it lists several fonts, ie "verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida g". Do I clear those out and put in Tahoma?
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• Shane.
    started a topic Changing fonts?

Changing fonts?

Here's my goal: To have the default font of the forum be Tahoma. By that, I mean all the verbiage, headers, etc....

I have tried to search, read, and learn in the forums, but I'm not getting a lot of what I'm reading.

Here are specific things I'm finding confusing:

1. In the vBulletin options under "User Profile: Style Customization Options" >>> allowed fonts, it says that the fonts need to be 1 per line, but by default they're in kind of a hodge podge.
    arial|Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
    times_new_roman|'Times New Roman', Times, serif
    courier_new|'Courier New', Courier, monospace
    georgia|Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif
    verdana|Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
    tahoma|Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
    geneva|Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
    trebuchet_ms|'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
    comic_sans_ms|'Comic Sans MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif
    I realize this one probably doesn't have much to do w/ the default font for the forum, but I find it confusing. Am I supposed to space them 1 per line? Why do some have a '|', some don't, and some have a "sans-serif" afterward....

2. More to the point, some of the advice I read said that you can change fonts here: Style Manager >>>> Main CSS.

I see where it says "font family" for a lot of the choices, then it lists several fonts, ie "verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida g". Do I clear those out and put in Tahoma?

3. A lot of people mention editing the templates. Does that mean I need to edit every template where text is displayed?

Thanks in advance for helping me w/ such basic questions, but I'm trying to learn/re-learn.