Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Not Working

My forum as a bug in it.

Everything is working fine for one user but the other day I had to change the users name. After I changed the users name they complained that they could not reply to threads.

I told them to make sure they are using the new username that I gave them. Then I told them to reset their password.

They told me that they log in just fine. Their name appears in the top of the forum as being logged in, but when they click the reply button they get an error message saying that they are not logged in and do not have permission to post.

I didn't understand what the problem was and I figured they are doing something wrong so they gave me their password and I tried it. I get the exact same error. I log in with their account normally and am marked as logged in. I can send private messages and do everything normally, except when I try to post a reply it tells me that I am not logged in.

I don't know how to fix this bug.

P.S. Before you even say it, I don't have any add-ons or anything to disable, I am using a perfect install of vB and I do not have any add-ons or skins or templates. All I have is the original forum.

Thanks.

I suggest you open a support ticket.

Comment

How did you go about changing their name? Is there anything unusual about their name (a space in it? Strange characters?)? Have you tried running Maintenance > Update Counters > Update User Names ?

Update User Names:
      This will update user names everywhere they occur on your forums. This may need to be done after changing a user's name in the Admin CP.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X