Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i disable a few stuff in the vb board?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How can i disable a few stuff in the vb board?

    How can i disable user search by ip in admin\modcp mod?

    How can i disable the options merge users in admin\modcp mod??

    How can i disable the options for sending mail to everybody?

    How can i disable Merge Threads option in the Inline Thread Moderation ?

  • #2
    Bump

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Alexey™ View Post
      How can i disable user search by ip in admin\modcp mod?

      How can i disable the options merge users in admin\modcp mod??

      How can i disable the options for sending mail to everybody?

      How can i disable Merge Threads option in the Inline Thread Moderation ?
      I don't believe any of the functions are available in vBulletin.
      You would need to ask in vbulletin.org.

      Curious, why would you want to disable search by ip?

      If you don't trust your admins or mods, you have another issue.
      ...steven
      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

      Comment


      • #4
        I know i can't disable it In vBulletin Options.
        But i know that i can disable it from the FTP manager but i don't know how.

        If you don't trust your admins or mods, you have another issue.
        huh, this is not the problem

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Alexey™ View Post
          I know i can't disable it In vBulletin Options.
          But i know that i can disable it from the FTP manager but i don't know how.
          If you know you can't disable it in vB options, then you need to ask in vbulletin.org.

          I don't know what an ftp program has to do with vBulletin or ip addresses.
          You can ban ip addresses from accessing your site entirely.
          I suppose you can have something in an .htaccess file that prevents an ip address from accessing search.php.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

          Comment


          • #6
            I just tested this in my .htaccess file.
            It will block an ip from searching.
            Is that what you are looking for?


            <Files search.php>
            order allow,deny
            deny from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
            </Files>
            ...steven
            www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
            bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
            "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok i fixed every thing i needed
              now the only thing left to me to fix is
              How can i disable Merge Threads option in the Inline Thread Moderation ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alexey™ View Post
                Ok i fixed every thing i needed
                now the only thing left to me to fix is
                How can i disable Merge Threads option in the Inline Thread Moderation ?
                Maybe in the FORUMDISPLAY template, remove
                HTML Code:
                <option value="mergethread">$vbphrase[merge_threads]</option>
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

                Comment


                • #9
                  tnx dude

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X