Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fieldset "padding" spacing missing in IE but shows ok in Firefox, any clue why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fieldset "padding" spacing missing in IE but shows ok in Firefox, any clue why?

I just noticed that fieldsets displayed in IE do not have the interior margin around the contents of the box that those displayed in Firefox do. Does anybody know why this is?

Seems like FF displays it properly because it assumes (?) this is how it should be, but that IE doesn't because it might need explicit instruction for displaying "padding" around the contents of the fieldbox?

Anybody else see this difference between the two browsers, or is it just me?

Anybody?

Comment

IE renders things differently. This is an example of that.

Padding + width of divs is another.

Comment

So there's nothing that can be done like inserting explicit instructions in the code to ensure that the major browsers render VB the same?

It's almost like a little disclaimer needs to place at the bottom near the VB copyright to let users know that the site displays best under Firefox. But that would sound like VB is somehow affiliated with Mozilla, and that Firefox is being promoted as a result. But I really wouldn't mind placing such a disclaimer if only I knew how.

EDIT: Just checked, VB also displays properly in Google Chrome.
        Last edited by RedHotChili; Fri 14 Aug '09, 8:35am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X