No announcement yet.

Albums question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a different issue. Please follow the instructions in post #2. Then if you still have this problem start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Huh? Are you even reading this thread? This is the same problem posted in the first post, and the same problem that other members have posted about and even shown pictures of.

You know, you have some great software but this is the typical response I always get when there is a problem. After exhausting my efforts here, I usually have to surf the web to fix the problem. You can even see the problem when following your own "I can't duplicate this" link.

How about this, why don't you following the instructions you posted in post #2 as you are having the same problem here, on your own forum.

Comment

That is broken...you wouldn't have just a line up there with nothing next to it.

It's almost like the phrase is missing or something.

I'd suggest someone reports this in the bug tracker (project tools)
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

My apologies, I misread your post.

However this has already been answered. This was changed. What you want does not exist anymore. If you had read this thread you would have seen this by now.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post

However this has already been answered. This was changed. What you want does not exist anymore. If you had read this thread you would have seen this by now.
            Steve are you sure on this?

It seems odd that the single seperator: | would be there with either just one piece of text on one side, or no text at all.

vB usually is written so that such things would not appear in circumstances where they serve no purpose.

To me, that's broken, and if it's working as designed, it's designed wrong.

Comment

This forum has no modifications affecting this. What it displays is the way it's currently designed. I didn't say it was right, just that this is the way it is. Please feel free to make a suggestion here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This forum has no modifications affecting this. What it displays is the way it's currently designed. I didn't say it was right, just that this is the way it is. Please feel free to make a suggestion here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55
                I know what you're saying, but it's not really a feature suggestion since it *used* to work as described.

I'd find it difficult to believe that it had been deliberately changed to how it is now, I think something's been changed accidentally, perhaps as a result of some other fix.

Sorry, not being difficult, I'm just 100% certain this is a bug.

Comment

Just where have you mentioned that these links have been removed?

I don't know why it was changed. However this function and those links are still there.
                  You mention change here, but then also mention that the links are still there?

Seems odd that this would be removed when so many members have grown accustom to using the links. Personally, I never use the links at the bottom and relied solely on the links in the upper right corner that now seem to be broken.

So, you are saying that the links in the upper corner which used to work fine, have been removed except for the "first" and "last" indicators and links per design?

Comment

It is what it is. If you want this back then post a Suggestion or a Bug Report. Sorry if that was not clear.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It is what it is. If you want this back then post a Suggestion or a Bug Report. Sorry if that was not clear.
                      Ok I'll post a bug later, if nobody else has.

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Well, for now I simply edited the "album_pictureview" template and instead of using...

"$pic_location[prev_text_short]" and "$pic_location[next_text_short]"

I changed it to use...

"$pic_location[prev_text]" and "$pic_location[next_text]"

It's not as nice as using the short versions but I guess it will have to do for now until this problem has been properly addressed.

Comment

Okay, I dug a little deeper and compared the last two versions of "functions_album.php" and found the problem. So I guess I'll just have to change the php file every time I update the software.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahuna900 View Post
                              Okay, I dug a little deeper and compared the last two versions of "functions_album.php" and found the problem. So I guess I'll just have to change the php file every time I update the software.
                              Can you let me know the details?

Comment

Originally posted by Kahuna900 View Post
                                Personally I think it's worth reporting this as a bug so the Devs can fix it for future releases.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X