Albums question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albums question

Is it just my site? I've noticed after upgrading to 3.8.4 if I go to albums and click on one to view, when clicking on a picture you can no longer scroll through the pictures within. I only see the option for & first and last.

Bri..

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.

Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm just waking up so I'll look at that once I'm fully awake..

Checking here you seem to have the same problem http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/album.php click on someone who has more than 2 pictures then actually click on one of there pictures then you'll only get the option to see the first or last picture and thats only if you click the first or last picture. Clicking on any other picture that's not the first or last leaves you no option at all to move on to the next picture.

Comment

I’m experiencing the same, and have some questions from users about this. The next picture link is now below the picture and not at the top anymore. This has nothing to do with the style, like Acco mentioned this is also in this forum album.
        Is there a reason for this, it would be easier to scroll through the album at the top of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by acco View Post
          I'm just waking up so I'll look at that once I'm fully awake..

Checking here you seem to have the same problem http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/album.php click on someone who has more than 2 pictures then actually click on one of there pictures then you'll only get the option to see the first or last picture and thats only if you click the first or last picture. Clicking on any other picture that's not the first or last leaves you no option at all to move on to the next picture.
          I can't duplicate that.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/album...pictureid=2895

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Exactly, because the buttons (links) for the next en previous picture are missing at the top. I asked around, and in the previous version of vBulletin you could scroll in the album with buttons (links) on the top (where now you only can see the last and first link).
            Why are they missing in the new version?

Comment

I see links to 'Previous Picture' and 'Next Picture' just fine.
              Attached Files

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry, I will try to explain it. Since the last update the links for scrolling in the album are below the pictures and not at the top anymore. It looks like a minor change, but some users did see this directly. In the previous version the scrolling was at the top of the page, a little bit easier because you don’t have to scroll down on the page to see the links. I think that’s the same Acco is meaning when he opened this thread.

I hope you understand now what the question is, why is this changed in the last version and is it possible to get the previous and next links back to the top of the page.

Comment

thanks appie252001 you've noticed this too

I personally liked the next & previous were they where before hand in the top right hand corner... where they are now may appear to be a good idea but I'll be honest they can be a little difficult to see, some of our users have customised their profile and that why I originally did not got onto the new position.

pic of what I expected and can you see how the next & previous links can be missed when a profile is customised?

Last edited by acco; Fri 14th Aug '09, 1:23am.

Comment

Originally posted by acco View Post
                    pic of what I expected and can you see how the next & previous links can be missed when a profile is customised?

I have the same problem on all of my sites since the 3.8.4 update.

Comment

I don't know why it was changed. However this function and those links are still there.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

mine are gone too. i would like it in both places now. haha

Comment

Any word on a fix?

Comment

This is working as designed.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                              This is working as designed.
                              WHAT??????

So, the way it was working before was wrong? It's even broken on your site...

Click image for larger version

Name:	382.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	3673131

Click image for larger version

Name:	384.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	3673132

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X