Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modification to Closed Forums

Hello,

In my vBulletin options under Forum Manager there are forums of mine where the "Forum is Open" option is set to "No". There are a few things that I would like removed from the page on forums that are closed.

Please see the attached image. The items outlined with the lime green box are the items that I would like to completely remove only from pages where the Forum is NOT opened.

How can I do this?

Thanks for your help in advance!
    Attached Files
    GamersThrone | Video Game Forums | GamersThrone on YouTube | GamersThrone 360voice Group

Set this to No to make it a category:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Edit Forum -> Act as Forum

That will remove those pieces. Categories contain no threads.

Comment

But, I don't want it to be a category! I want it to be exactly as it is now, but have the items outlined with the lime green box not show up if the forum is not open.
      GamersThrone | Video Game Forums | GamersThrone on YouTube | GamersThrone 360voice Group

Comment

Maybe you want the category to show as a regular forum in the forum listing. You can do that by editing the templates. Copy the contents of this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

...into this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level2_nopost

Comment

Okay, yes! That accomplished what I was trying to do 50%. It's exactly the way I want it now with this forum: http://www.gamersthrone.com/forum/s328

Now, how can I do the same with this forum: http://www.gamersthrone.com/forum/s51 (which is one more level deep)?

Comment

You might need to do the same for the level1 templates. Copy the contents of this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level1_post

...into this template:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> « » -> Forum Home Templates -> forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X