Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobe1986
    replied
    Another additional option I would consider is adding the domain used in the URL to the censored words list, that is of course if it's always from the same host.

Leave a comment:

• veenuisthebest
    replied
    Originally posted by The3rdNipple View Post
    Ever heard of proxies?
    Yes, heard. So if the starting digits of IP are unique as well, banning IP/IP range won't be much help.

Originally posted by The3rdNipple View Post
    The IP is different everytime. And I tried that, but he used tinyurl.
    "But he?" If its just a one man army, simply ban his account. You do have "Unique email addresses" and "Email authentication" switched on right?

He's a human ofcourse, after few bans he'd run out of strength to register again on your site.

Leave a comment:

• The3rdNipple
    replied
    Ever heard of proxies? The IP is different everytime. And I tried that, but he used tinyurl.

Leave a comment:

• calorie
    replied
    ^^ Agreed, if it the same user, you may wish to ban him/her but as for preventing those kinds of htaccess pop-ups for images, there isn't much you can do unless you disallow links/images, which really isn't an option for a lot of forums, so if it is the same domain that keep popping them up, you might try censoring to block that domain name from posts. The pop-up is coming from the listed domain for the image.

Leave a comment:

• veenuisthebest
    replied
    Ban his account, IP and if needed his IP range.

Leave a comment:

• The3rdNipple
    started a topic Someone keeps on posting wierd links -

Someone keeps on posting wierd links -

I'm having issues with someone who keeps posting this image link but requires you to login before viewing

http://www.undergroundmapler.info/1/...icturename.png

I've censored .info links, and now, they used tinyurl. Is there something I can do to prevent this thing from popping up login boxes?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X