Private Messaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messaging

I have a couple of users that I wish to prevent the use of the Private Messaging system to.

I set up a separate usergroup for them by copying the Registered User usergroup (permissions etc) and disabled the PM sytem for that group.

Moved the selected users into the No PM group however those couple of users are unable to login.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this - thanks!
    Best regards
    Ian
    "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
    www.recreationalflying.com
    NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.

Originally posted by Wilfred1 View Post
    Moved the selected users into the No PM group however those couple of users are unable to login.
    What happens when they login? Does it say the login is incorrect? Or it is a permission error?

Check the permissions for the group. For example, if this is set to No then they won't be able to view any forum pages:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> Can View Forum

The same goes for this one:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup -> This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group

Comment

As always, thanks Jake

Sorted it out - it was a permissions error
      Last edited by ibaker; Thu 6 Aug '09, 5:06pm.
      Best regards
      Ian
      "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
      www.recreationalflying.com
      NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X