Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJAX Autocomplete username in PM box not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJAX Autocomplete username in PM box not working.

I've tried search and have found a few things but nothing that solved my problem or was exactly like mine. As the title says, my auto-complete for usernames when you start to type their name in (the part where it auto-suggests names then) is not working anymore. It worked about 5 days ago when I last used it when sending out a PM to 12 people. Sometime between now and then, it quit working.

• I have not changed any settings in my forum.
    • I have not uploaded any new files.
    • I have not added any new plugins.
    • I have tried different browsers.
    • I have tried clearing my cache/cookies/etc.
    • DHTML Menus are enabled.

So here I am now, asking you folks what you think it would possibly be..

I am running vB 3.8.2

You already checked that DHTML popup menus are enabled. Did you check AJAX?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Disable AJAX Features

Otherwise I suspect there is a customization that is causing this. You can quickly determine this by temporarily disabling your customizations. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
      You already checked that DHTML popup menus are enabled. Did you check AJAX?

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Disable AJAX Features

Otherwise I suspect there is a customization that is causing this. You can quickly determine this by temporarily disabling your customizations. Try to reproduce it on a default style:

Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Create a new style with no parent. Then click that style's name in the Style Manager to view your forum with that style. If the problem goes away on the default style then you know it's a style problem at which point you need to systematically revert your custom templates to isolate the problem.

If you still have the problem then try disabling your plugins:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Plugin/Hook System

Also run a file check to look for customized files. Upload the original files if any problems are reported:

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions
      Yeah I actually saw all this...I did the suspect file thing, AJAX is enabled as well. I have not checked the templates yet and will do so in a bit, but I do not see that could be the problem. Like I said..nothing has changed between when I used it last and now. Well, obviously something happened, but I did not change anything or add anything, and I am the only one who has the ability to do so.

Comment

Do other people have the same problem? Maybe javascript is disabled on your end. Try a different computer if one is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
          Do other people have the same problem? Maybe javascript is disabled on your end. Try a different computer if one is available.
          Nope, but I think it might tie into 2 people telling me they suddenly can't mark threads/posts as read.

Comment

Some of the read markers use AJAX too.

What is the URL to your forum? I want to test it.

Comment

Last edited by bfdzio; Tue 4 Aug '09, 9:46am.

Comment

To be clear now, AJAX completely does not work anymore.

Comment

I've pinpointed the problem I believe, the AJAX.php file is not able to be opened. I can't delete it from my FTP, I can't move it, I can't over-write it, and I can't CHMOD it.

Host shut off my ajax.php because it caused a server load for them one day. BS, nothing has changed since Feb on my site that uses AJAX...whatever though. They are turning it back on.
                  Last edited by bfdzio; Tue 4 Aug '09, 10:09am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X